NUMERICAL METHODS FOR PHYSICS
The objective of the course is to acquire a basic knowledge of computational methods to solve physics problems.
The topics covered include:
- Interpolation, extrapolation
- Root finding
- Numerical stability, numerical accuracy
- Ordinary differential equations
- Partial differential equations
- Optimization, minimization
- Linear algebra, matrix inversion
- Monte Carlo integration and algorithms
The numerical methods for physics course is given by Andrea Ciardi and Sébastien Charnoz.